Three courses are being offered this summer. MM152 – Intro. to Web Design is online, 4 credits and APC. This course introduces students to the underlying principles, basic methodologies, and fundamental concepts of web design. From conception to comprehensive layout, topics include the basics of web design, developing a problem definition, defining target audiences, content assessment, information architecture, page design and structure, typography, color, selecting images, and design presentation. Further, MM152 will focus on the planning, organization, and selecting the resources required to design an effective website.
You can review the syllabus here. Currently the course is listed in Webster as MM110 but that should be changing in a few days. Go ahead and sign up for MM110, and the course number will change automatically once the system has been updated.
Also, MM125 – Foundations of Digital Media and MM252 – Introduction to Web Authoring will be offered as well.…
Dr. Chen, Professor of Media Arts and Communication blogs. Read his blog here:
To compete with other states, the state of Oregon considers additional incentives for companies who bring their productions to our state.
Dear MAC Students et al.,
I am pleased to announce that the MAC program has a new online course offering. MA343 – Intermediate Screenwriting explores the methods and methodologies of writing the short screenplay. Topics central to the course include: the set-up of character and plot development; the rising action of the narrative; the structure, nature and resolution of the identified central conflict; the turning point; the climax; resolution, and dialogue.
Nancy Nigrosh, who holds a BFA from NYU in Filmmaking, an MFA in Screenwriting from UCLA and an MA in Education from Antioch, will lead you through 10 weeks of screenwriting instruction. Instructor Nigrosh brings over twenty years of film industry experience, working with some of the most well known talent in Hollywood. As a former talent and literary agent at Innovative Artists and Gersh Agency, she has represented many award winning writers and directors for film and television including Academy Award winner Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker), Stuart Beattie (Collateral, Pirates Of The Caribbean), Amanda Brown (Legally Blonde), Leslye Headland (Bachelorette), among many others.
- a MAC Film Production major about to begin your capstone film,
- an EOU alumnus looking for a collaborative environment to develop new work,
- interested in learning what it takes to become a Hollywood screenwriter,
- a storyteller with an idea for a great short film,
- in need of upper division credit and movies pique your interest
Congratulations to Jeffrey Alexander for his ambitious and beautiful new film “Winter in the Land of the Winding Waters.” The film chronicles the history of backcountry skiing in the the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Here’s a preview:
Media Arts and Communication embraces new paradigms in journalism. Check out this video.
The news about the film industry is good! The recent Oregon Business article states, “Fueled by state incentives, the industry spent $130 million in Oregon in 2011 producing film, television and TV commercials, up from $62 million in 2009.”
Read More: Oregon Business – Celluloid Forest…
- Daily Must Reads, June 19, 2013
- Warning: Your Hasty Move to Responsive Design Could Backfire
- Daily Must Reads, June 18, 2013
- Journalism & Digital Education Roundup, June 18, 2013
- Memphis Brings Diversity to Entrepreneurship in Journalism Education
- Daily Must Reads, June 17, 2013
- How Do We Make Freelance Journalism Sustainable?
Indie Film News
- James Gandolfini, Star of 'The Sopranos,' Has Passed Away at Age 51 June 19, 2013
- Netflix Renews Eli Roth-Produced Supernatural Series 'Hemlock Grove' for a Second Season June 19, 2013
- Madonna Tells a New York Crowd Why Her 'MDNA Tour' (Airing on Epix) Was the Hardest She'd Ever Done June 19, 2013
- Five Quotes From the Hollywood Reporter's 'The Newsroom' Story Sure to Frustrate Critics of the Aaron Sorkin HBO Drama June 19, 2013
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Reportedly Finds Its Director June 19, 2013
- Exclusive: Quentin Tarantino, Darren Aronofsky and John Waters Skewered In Hilarious Provincetown Film Festival Trailer June 19, 2013
- Sundance Institute Chooses Directing & Editing Teams to Participate in Documentary Labs This Summer June 19, 2013
- The 2013 Indiewire Influencers FAQ: In Which We Answer Your Criticisms June 19, 2013
- 'Wilfred' Returns With More Dark Comedy About Man's Best Friend as a Possible Sign of Mental Illness June 19, 2013