Dr. Chen, Professor of Media Arts and Communication blogs. Read his blog here:
To compete with other states, the state of Oregon considers additional incentives for companies who bring their productions to our state.
Dear MAC Students et al.,
I am pleased to announce that the MAC program has a new online course offering. MA343 – Intermediate Screenwriting explores the methods and methodologies of writing the short screenplay. Topics central to the course include: the set-up of character and plot development; the rising action of the narrative; the structure, nature and resolution of the identified central conflict; the turning point; the climax; resolution, and dialogue.
Nancy Nigrosh, who holds a BFA from NYU in Filmmaking, an MFA in Screenwriting from UCLA and an MA in Education from Antioch, will lead you through 10 weeks of screenwriting instruction. Instructor Nigrosh brings over twenty years of film industry experience, working with some of the most well known talent in Hollywood. As a former talent and literary agent at Innovative Artists and Gersh Agency, she has represented many award winning writers and directors for film and television including Academy Award winner Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker), Stuart Beattie (Collateral, Pirates Of The Caribbean), Amanda Brown (Legally Blonde), Leslye Headland (Bachelorette), among many others.
- a MAC Film Production major about to begin your capstone film,
- an EOU alumnus looking for a collaborative environment to develop new work,
- interested in learning what it takes to become a Hollywood screenwriter,
- a storyteller with an idea for a great short film,
- in need of upper division credit and movies pique your interest
Congratulations to Jeffrey Alexander for his ambitious and beautiful new film “Winter in the Land of the Winding Waters.” The film chronicles the history of backcountry skiing in the the Eagle Cap Wilderness. Here’s a preview:
Media Arts and Communication embraces new paradigms in journalism. Check out this video.
The news about the film industry is good! The recent Oregon Business article states, “Fueled by state incentives, the industry spent $130 million in Oregon in 2011 producing film, television and TV commercials, up from $62 million in 2009.”
Read More: Oregon Business – Celluloid Forest…
The Media Arts and Communication program is pleased to see that film production in Oregon continues to grow! Last year was a record year. Of course this is exciting for our graduates who are looking for opportunities to work on film and television productions in the state.
- Poll: What Will Happen to Tumblr?
- Daily Must Reads, May 24, 2013
- Mediatwits #81: Yahoo Snags Tumblr; DOJ Investigates Fox; Ben Huh Talks Cats
- 10 Steps to Creating an E-Book Based on Your Blog
- In a Fragmented Media Market, New Jersey Hopes to Thrive with Mobile, Collaboration
- Daily Must Reads, May 23, 2013
- E-Books & Self-Publishing Roundup, May 23, 2013
Indie Film News
- Jim Jarmusch's Tilda Swinton Vampire Pic 'Only Lovers Left Alive' Heads From Cannes To Sony Classics May 25, 2013
- Vote for Project of the Week! Will It Be 'Benning and Linklater,' 'Finders,' 'Councilwoman' or 'Above'? May 24, 2013
- Watch: Chilling Trailer for Acclaimed Doc 'The Act of Killing,' Executive Produced by Werner Herzog and Errol Morris May 24, 2013
- 2013 Cinéfondation Awards Prizes to 'Needle,' 'Waiting For The Thaw,' 'In the Fishbowl' and 'Pandas' May 24, 2013
- Watch: Four New Clips From 'Arrested Development' Find Gob Tending Bees and Lindsay Letting Go of Material Things May 24, 2013
- Watch: A Gorgeous, Lyrical Trailer for 'Ain't Them Bodies Saints,' Starring Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara May 24, 2013
- Well Go USA Acquires Filipino Thriller 'On The Job' Ahead of Its Cannes Premiere May 24, 2013
- Cannes: Guillaume Gallienne's 'Me Myself and Mum' Takes Directors' Fortnight Prize May 24, 2013
- Lifetime's 'Ring of Fire' Director Allison Anders: How to Be An Indie Filmmaker in a TV World May 24, 2013